Conferences’ Program 2016
The 30 speakers at the 18 conferences and round tables, programmed on 7 and 8 December at MakeUp in SaoPaulo will be there to explain why “This is the time to invest in Brazil” despite time of crisis.
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 7TH, 2016
1:00pm – 1:45pm: “Global beauty trends in Make Up”
Conference by: Juliana Martins, Beauty and Personal Care Analyst at MINTEL
2:00pm – 3:00pm: “What’s in & What’s hot from Asia”
The recent and impactful makeup trends & products from Asia.
Conference by: Fei Xu, Information & Inspiration
3:15pm – 4:30pm: “What’s up in Nails and Make Up in Brazil?”
3:15pm – 3:45pm: “Global Nail Trend Forecast: Upcoming Key Colors & Textures”
Conference by: Fernanda Pigatto, Brazil Trend & Marketing, Beautystreams
Join a special Nail presentation by global beauty trend authority Beautystreams. Discover an exciting breakdown of not-to-miss trends from the Spring/Summer 2017 international runways. Find out what’s new in nail color, texture and application from the latest runway shows in New York, London, Milan, and Paris. Fernanda Pigatto, Beautystreams’ Trend and Marketing Manager Brazil, will present editorial picks curated by their team of international runway editors. Beautystreams will also give an exclusive preview of their forecasted future trends to come. Ms. Pigatto will present the Beautystreams trend forecast based on the overarching theme is “Heroes”.
3:45pm – 4:30pm: “Nail Polish – The Brazilian exception”
Round table on Nails moderated by Charles-Emmanuel Gounod, Beautyworld Connexions and Vincent Gallon, Brazil Beauty News with Fernanda Pigatto, Brazil Trend & Marketing, Beautystreams
1. Brazil is a key market for nail polish suppliers. How is the Brazilian nails market evolving (sales and prices)?
2. Beside price and colour, what are the main expectations of Brazilian women regarding nail polishes?
3. The Brazilian nail market is known to be price driven. How can suppliers combine low price and quality in this sector?
4. Probably because of the cost constraint, the offering on the Brazilian nails market seems limited compared to other big cosmetics markets. What would be the solutions to offer a more diversified range of nail products with a segmentation going beyond colours? What are the main avenues for innovation?
5. Most local Brazilian brands offer low-end nail polishes for very low prices, however there is apparently a shift toward more upmarket products. What is your opinion?
6. What are the main constraints nail polish suppliers have to cope with in Brazil?
04:45pm – 06:00pm: “Formulas: The growing importance of Minerals & Natural Ingredients in Make Up formulations”
A brief introduction about trends and natural brands positioning in Brazil.
Introduction by Dr. Luisa Oliva, Pharmacist D. MSc, R&D Technical & Marketing International Consultant:
Followed by a round Table moderated by Vincent Gallon, Brazil Beauty News and Dr. Luisa Oliva, with the participation of:
– Alessandro Mendes, Director R&D, Natura
– Angelica Bekanich, Intercos
– Cristina Brito, Country Business Development Manager at Chromavis do Brasil – Fareva Group
– Thiago Terada, Sustainability and Corporate Affairs Manager, Beraca Ingredientes Naturais
– Cristiane de Moares, Brazilian Representative, UEBT- Union for Ethical BioTrade
– Jens Schmitt, LabPhyto ; Formulator expert in Bio and Natural MakeUp formulation
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 8TH, 2016
12:15pm – 1:00pm: “The history of Make-up and the Brazilian labor market”
Conference by : Simone Tinelli, Ateliê de Maquillagem
1:00pm – 2:00pm: “The transformation of beauty retail in Brazil: Towards an Omnichannel model?”
– Evolution in the POS
Conference by: Valeria Grossman, 100 Degrés Brazil
– Digital sampling
Conference by: Walteno S. B. Da Silva, LATAM Sales and Marketing Director Arcade Beauty; Daniel Almeida, Executive Director, ADHESPACK
2:00pm – 2:30pm: “How to achieve successful Omnichannel Retailing?”
Roundtable moderated by Vincent Gallon, Premium Beauty News with the participation of:
– Valeria Grossman, 100 Degrés Brazil
– Walteno S. B. Da Silva, LATAM Sales and Marketing Director Arcade Beauty
– Daniel Almeida, Executive Director, ADHESPACK
1. With a very large territory and a population highly connected to the internet, Brazil seems to be the best illustration of the importance of an omni-channel retail strategy. How can suppliers help brands to achieve such a strategy?
2. Samples are probably a key factor of success for an omni-channel strategy. What are the key innovations in this area?
3. Direct sales have long been a key retail channel in Brazil. How are the internet and social media transforming this channel?
4. How bricks-and-mortar shops can adapt to this new environment?
2:45pm – 3:45pm: “What kind of packaging and applicators for a recovering industry in Brazil”
Round table moderated by Charles-Emmanuel Gounod, Beautyworld Connexions.
With the participation of:
– Paola Froes, Sales & Marketing Director, Albéa Brazil
– Ludivine Dervaux, Project Manager Brazil, Cosmogen
– Flavio Unikowsky, Latin America Director, Cosmogen
– Mariana Fonseca, Sales Director Brazil & Latam, Geka Brazil
– Meire Tescer, Commercial Director, Qualipac Brazil
1. How to cope with constant cost pressure?
2.How to adapt manufacturing to the requirements of the Brazilian brands?
3. How to feed the need for constant need for innovation in Brazil?
4:00pm – 4:15pm: “Political & Economic Overview on Personal Hygiene, Perfumery and Cosmetics”
Conference by : João Carlos Basilio da Silva, President ABIHPEC
4:15pm – 4:45pm: “The Brazilian Market for make-up”
Conference by Daniel Fernandes de Oliveira, Market Intelligence Manager, ABIHPEC
4:45pm – 6:00pm: “3 Ideas how to move out from the crisis in Brazil?”
Charles-Emmanuel Gounod, Beautyworld Connexions & Vincent Gallon, Brazil Beauty News will moderate this round table with the participation of:
– Sabine Oelschlegel, Marketing Director, Weckerle Cosmetics
– Nazish Munchenbach, Director Sales & Marketing, Granado
– Fernanda Pigatto, Brazil Trend & Marketing, Beautystreams
– Marina Kobayashi, Science and Technology Council at Abihpec-Itehpec
During this round table, we will debate on 3 ideas:
– The Lipstick factor; How lipsticks survive or even grow in crisis time?
– Export; in a difficult domestic market, is export a good way to grow our business?
– Product Innovation; despite the crisis, how consumers continue to search for new and innovative products?